Friday, May 3, 2024

Trip to Vancouver, British Columbia

 


On April 16, 2024 I arrived in Vancouver, British Columbia to spend a week there away from my home in Toronto.  I rented a place near the sea wall.  Each day I would walk part of the sea wall as shown in the image on the left. The weather was sunny and warm.

During my stay there I participated in the 10K Vancouver Sun Run that was held on Sunday, April 21, 2024. It would be my tenth time participating in this event.

The participants are from around the world. They are organized in groups beginning with the elite runners and ending with the walkers.  I am with the walkers.




It was around 10 a.m. when the walkers joined the race. It was a relaxed walk as my son, Timothy and I kept pace with walking group as shown in the image on the right. We admired the mountain views in the background. This environment is an ideal one to engage in this 10K event.  







The image on the left shows us stepping onto the finish line. 







The Certificate on the right indicates that I clocked in a time of 2:21:44. 


Another year of doing the walk during
the Vancouver 10K Sun Run. It continues to be a memorable event. 




No comments: