Thursday, August 31, 2023

Travel News: Dublin, Ireland

 On July 13, 2023 I arrived in Dublin, Ireland.  I spent a couple of days re-orienting myself to being in Dublin after a long time.  This visit was to attend the memorial service for my sister who was a nun with the Sisters of Mercy. 

As usual the nuns provided me with a welcoming and excellent hospitality. I found peace and tranquility in this environment where I engaged in prayer and reflection for my sister. I recalled her life with my family in Nairobi, Kenya and the good times we had as a family there. 



The main street was busy as ever.  I visited Trinity College again. I was driven along Griffith Road which is the longest road in Ireland. On this day it showered with rain whereas the rest of my stay it was beautifully warm and sunny which is unusual for Dublin.  I'd visit the city daily as it was an easy bus ride to downtown Dublin. 



As I woke up each morning I looked out my window to view the large expanse of lawn.  It seemed that each morning the lawn was being mowed by a robotic lawn mower. It was fascinating to watch these robots manoeuvre the lawn as it maintained a perfect lawn. 

I returned to Toronto on July 20, 2023.  It was a memorable visit.  

No comments: